SOFTBALL RETURN TO PLAY GUIDELINES
RETURN TO PLAY GUIDELINE
In alignment with Canadian Provincial, Municipal, and Federal COVID-19 Return to Sport Guidelines, LUG has developed a return-to-play framework specific to our game.
Our Return to Play Plan is a fluid and living document that will require revisions and will be updated frequently throughout the 2020- 21 season. This plan has been developed to outline our process for getting our players safely back on to the field of play.
Softball leagues start on Saturday September 12 in all cities except Halifax and Antigonish. Halifax and Antigonish begins on Saturday September 19.
- CHECK FOR SYMPTOMS: Do not come to the field of play if you are feeling sick or have been exposed to anyone who is feeling sick.
- REGISTER: No player is allowed to play who is not registered. This includes ALL substitutes, ringers, call-ups, part-time players. No player is allowed to play unless they are a registered member of LUG. Each team has a MAX of 12 spots on their team.
- EQUIPMENT & PPE: Get your equipment ready including your PPE. Masks are Mandatory on sidelines and in the infield.
- 15 MINUTES: Do not show up to the playing area more than 15 minutes before the game.
3. AT THE DIAMOND
- CHECK IN: All players much check in with LUG staff before taking the field. The game WILL NOT START until enough players to field a team on each team have completed check-in. Games will not be extended if this process extends into playing time. Any late arriving players MUST check in before joining the game.
- SCREENING: All players must complete a COVID screening questionnaire with LUG staff prior to completing check in. Only players registered can complete check-in to play. Every player must provide their name/team/screening questions to play. Wear a mask during screening!
4. PLAYING THE GAME
- NEW RULES: This season there are a number of new rules that must be followed to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. It is your team's responsibility to know and understand these rules and to abide by them while playing in LUG games.
5. AFTER THE GAME
- CLEAN UP: Please ensure all of your garbage and containers are taken with you before you leave
- 15 MINUTES: Leave the playing area within 15 minutes after the game. Please do not loiter or hang out and congregate in non-playing areas such as parking lots.
It is very important for each participant to self-monitor for symptoms daily and adhere to the safety measures outlined in the above plan and on the rules page. Let’s get back to playing and look out for each other as we have fun and stay safe.
*Due to COVID, if leagues are forced to shut down after Sept 21, there will be ZERO refunds provided regardless of games remaining.