The #roadtotheWAG Starts TODAY
It's been a long 9 months since the last LUG puck hit the ice and if there's one thing we learned, it's that this whole "long distance relationship" thing doesn't really work for us. We've missed you and can't wait to see you again!
Dust off the equipment, get your skates sharpened (seriously, it's been 9 months), and triple check all of your gear is in your bag (because it's probably not), the puck drops on the season THIS WEEK in most LUG cities.
Despite COVID, this is, once again, our biggest season ever with 20+ cities, 5 provinces, and 4,000+ lads and ladies taking the ice with the LUG logo this winter. But, before we get to it, we wanted to THANK YOU for sticking with us through this difficult and extremely confusing time. Thank you for signing up, for trusting us with your hockey, and for being a part of our community. Each and every one of you makes our league what it is. It's the people we love the most about this job and we're honestly fired up to be able to make these leagues for you.
We all know it's going to be a different year with new rules and COVID procedures, but at the end of the day, together, we're going to get back out on the ice and play the best game on earth.
Okay now enough of the sappy stuff.
Most of our leagues are starting today! Make sure to check the schedule to make sure you're ready to play.
Here's a short checklist of things to remember for Week 1:
- Bring a light and dark jersey to Game 1 (with production delays due to COVID-19, new LUG jerseys will not reach our divisions in ON, QC, & AB for Game 1). Check in with your opponent to coordinate which colour to wear.
- We have published the complete list of COVID rules on this page. The rules may change without notice, please check this page regularly on game-days (any violation of the COVID rules or player codes of conduct will result in an entire teams removal from the league and potentially $ fines from municipalities).
- Before arriving to the arena on game-day, each player must complete the Team Snap COVID Screening questionnaire inside of Team Snap.
- Read and make sure you know the updated 4 on 4 rules for this season. In some East Coast cities, where possible, we're playing 5 on 5 based on municipal rules.
- No booze/darts/vapes. Violations result in immediate removal of players/teams from LUG.
- Throw our your garbage. Lots of merch is being handed out. The arena staff are not your maids.
- Grease your hair and get ready to rumble.
See you on the ice!