2021-22 HOCKEY SEASON LAUNCH INFORMATION
So things are starting to look and feel normal again...The NHL is back to an 82 game season, fans are back in the stands, McDavid is back on top of the stats pages, the Habs are back where they belong with an epic 0-5 (!) record to start the year (we kid, Habs fans). But most importantly, the LUG Hockey season is about to start!
Before we kick off the season, we wanted to go over a few (ok, a lot of) important details before we get up and running and some important ground rules (yes, COVID still exists, no, alcohol is not permitted).
- The complete Week 1 schedule is now live for all divisions. We will post the schedule up until the end of the 1st semester shortly.
- We will move teams up or down into more or less competitive divisions based on performance. If your team would voluntarily like to go up or down, please let us know. Our goal is to have each division as evenly distributed as possible, especially in our larger leagues.
- As detailed on the site, teams are expected to be at with 13 players (including goalies) or 15 players (including goalies) depending on your location.
- Any shortage in players will result in a split bill amongst the players on the team so please recruit to your roster and get that last player or two registered.
- We have placed 97% of free agents onto teams
- If your team wants free agents, we can assign some to you on a first come, first serve basis where available. Email us to ask for Free Agents.
JERSEYS & JERSEY NUMBERS
- Jerseys are on route and arriving to your Commissioners now.
- Jersey numbers and sizes are pre determined by LUG (we order sets in June).
- Captains can go into their HockeyShift profile to change the #'s for their team to match the jersey set. This is needed to record stats!
- Below are instructions on how to do that.
- Without a goalie, there is no game. It is the team's responsibility to have a goalie at each game. Imagine that feeling when you show up and your opponent doesn't have a goalie, it's a bad feeling, so don't do it.
- Join the LUG GOALIE GROUP to post for goalies when you need them. Please make sure your goalie and any other goalies you know, join this group. It is extremely important.
- You can also ask goalies in your league to play back to back.
- In a pinch, use a Rent-a-Goalie and you can speak to LUG about reimbursing you. This is a last case scenario.
- We order every item for our players completely custom, made from scratch and made to order. Now that the season is launching, we can finalize that order for this season and so the 2021-22 welcome package items will be delivered in early 2022.
- If you ordered merch during registration, we're working to get this all organized and will ship them out as soon as possible! Please stay tuned!
ALCOHOL (NOT ALLOWED)
- We cannot be more clear on this, alcohol is NOT permitted in the arena, benches, dressing rooms, or parking lots.
- Arriving drunk to games is NOT permitted
- If a team is caught with alcohol, they will be removed from the league.
- Arena's will stop renting to users who drink and do stupid things. No player or team is more important than the league's ability to run games for everyone. There are no exceptions to this. It is a one and done rule.
- There are cameras everywhere...it's 2021, they are legit everywhere. Remember, what happens at the rink does follow you in life. We can not stress this enough.
COVID & VACCINES
- Every arena and facility will have rules in place for COVID. All players must abide by the rules set out by the facilities, your local health guidelines.
- Players may be required to show proof of vaccine to enter an arena. You must have proof and ID ready if requested. Please do not get mad at LUG staff, arena staff or anyone there for anything relating to having your ID. It's the law set by your government, not us. Remember that and don't try to be a hero.
- There are no refunds related to vaccines or changes in vaccine requirements. There are no exceptions to this.
GAME DAY CHECK IN - CANADA
- All players and fans are still required to check in before going to the arena.
- Use THIS LINK to check-in on your game-day.
- It is also listed on our home page of the website.
DEFAULTS & ATTENDANCE
- A minimum of 5 players plus a goalie are required to play.
- If you are short players, ask other players in the league from other teams to join you.
- Teams that default or do not show to games 2 times in the season will be removed from the schedule.
- Why? No one likes to go to games to have no opponent. It's even worse when the league or the opponent aren't notified. We expect at a minimum that teams show the courtesy to inform the league and their opponent if they cannot play. Respect the game, and respect each other.
- There is no fighting permitted in the league
- Fights will result in an immediate game misconduct and 1 game suspension plus a review for further discipline
- Recurring violators may be removed from the league
ABUSIVE LANGUAGE & DISCRIMINATION
- LUG has a zero tolerance policy for any language that is abusive, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, racist, anti-semetic, discriminatory in any way.
- Violators of this code of conduct will be removed from the league with potential legal ramifications.
- As we said earlier, it's 2021, practically everything is recorded, most arenas now have cameras above each sheet of ice, so use your head, be smart, and act accordingly in the arenas.
- If you feel that any player, on any team has acted in an abusive, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, racist, anti-semetic or discriminatory manner in any way, please email hello @ lughockey.com with details of what happened. It will be 100% confidential and any issues will be vigorously investigated and dealt with swiftly and directly.
MORE TO COME
- Free eSports league
- Tuck Shop discounts
- Awards Nights
- All-Star Games
- WAG Cup Finals
- Contests and giveaways
- Merch Packs
- All captains need to join your local Facebook Captains chat. We need you all in this in order for teams to communicate when you need goalies, players, and for schedule updates and so on.
- COMPLETE THIS LINK ONLY IF YOU ARE THE CAPTAIN OF YOUR TEAM
EVENT REQUEST FORMS
- If you're throwing an event on campus and think LUG or our partners would be a good addition to your good times, you can complete THIS FORM to request products and merch for your party.
- Not all requests are fulfilled. The more notice = more likely to be fulfilled.
- Looking for work as a Game Day Staff, Time Keeper, or Ref?
- Email hiring @ lughockey.com or fill out THIS FORM as we are looking for staff in ALL cities!
- We wouldn't be anything with you folks so we want to take this moment to say THANK YOU to everyone for signing up for LUG. We're extremely excited to have you as part of our community and cannot wait to start the season.
If you have any questions, comments, recommendations or need anything at all you can reach us at email@example.com and we typically respond within 24 hours or faster.
We'll see you on the ice!
Ethan & Ray