APPLY TO BE OUR 2023-24 CAMPUS OR 2023 SUMMER COMMISSIONERS!
For many years, the only option for competitive players was to play for their school’s varsity team or join the poorly organized and over policed recreational leagues. LUG was created to provide players with another option. A competitive league, filled with friends, multiple university divisions, a college culture, strong community, and a focus on stats and having good times with your Day 1's. LUG has become the leading student sports experience in Canada & the U.S.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
LUG is looking for motivated, energetic and confident individuals to become our next Campus or Summer Commissioners. We want people who are passionate about sports, whether it's Hockey, Baseball, eSports, Football, or a game of iMessage cup pong. Our Campus Commissioners are the driving force and face of the company. We’re made up of young, ambitious go-getters, with a passion for puck, 4th and inches, and hard slides into 1st.
ABOUT THE ROLES:
This isn’t your everyday campus job. On the LUG Team, you’ll be working closely with students, local businesses, and your school community to plan the ultimate sport league experience. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop their entrepreneurial, organizational, marketing and sales skills within in a fast-paced environment.
HOW YOU’LL DO IT:
- Recruit Team Captains and players through a combination of networking, campus events, cold emailing and social media messaging, and face to face meetings
- Coach and motivate Team Captains to sign up players for their teams
- Support the operations and delivery of the LUG league experience including being on site for shifts at games
- Solidify and grow existing LUG traditions such as all star games, awards nights, and merch hand outs.
- Participate and be present in the league to ensure we over-deliver on every promise
YOUR EXPERIENCE/JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Currently enrolled in a post secondary or graduate level program at a college or university in Canada or the United States
- Experience working as part of team, or leading teams, projects, or events
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Organization and Time Management
- Intimate knowledge of their university campus
- Friendly, open and approachable
- Strong social media presence an asset
- Access to a car is a plus
- Represents LUG at university or college
- Support the implementation of LUG leagues, games, and events on and off campus including on site management at games and pre-game preparation / check ins with teams.
- Infuse LUG into the student lifestyle through co-ordination of projects on university campuses and support of student events
- Develops and maintains relationships and support of key university bodies and individuals
- Creates positive word of mouth about the brand
- Increases awareness amongst associates of the students who are not in university i.e. work colleagues and sporting team-mates
- Continually seeks opportunities to develop LUG's brand profile, image and credibility on and around campus within the student market
PERKS YOU’LL WANT TO KNOW ABOUT:
- Member of the LUG Management Alumni Network
- Competitive compensation
- Solid hourly rate for in person shifts
- Incentive laden bonus structure
- Free product from LUG and our sponsors
- Discounted season fees for LUG Sports.
EXPECTATIONS / WEEKLY REQUIREMENTS
- ~3-5 hours per week of paid independent work
- 2-3 shifts per week (during season) at games as either Game Day Staff or Score Keepers
- LUG hires commissioners to support the entire LUG calendar of sports (Fall, Winter, Spring). Summer applicants will only be asked to work during the summer. Applicants may indicate a preference to lead on a specific sport but will be involved in all leagues.
- Fall/Winter roles run September - May, Summer roles run May-August.
WHAT YOU'll need to apply
|RESUME||Your most recent resume showing your work experience|
|COVER LETTER||Optional: Please include an explanation of why your experience is specifically relevant to this role at LUG. We want to see your personal style – what makes you tick and why you think your next opportunity is here with us. |
- Applications Window Opens: February 17th, 2023
- Applications Due: March 26th 11:59 PM EST
- Interview Period: Begins Late March to April
- Please note: Only selected candidates will be contacted for interviews
SPORTS WE CURRENTLY PLAY
We're looking for Campus Commissioners who want to help LUG launch leagues specifically for their campus community. They recognize the old way of doing it just isn't cutting it and are looking for a bigger, better, more inclusive and more competitive/fun league built around their campus culture.
|HOCKEY||SOFTBALL||FLAG FOOTBALL||OUTDOOR SOCCER||BEACH VOLLEYBALL|