APPLY TODAY FOR 2022-23 COMMISSIONER JOBS IN 30+ CITIES
NOW HIRING SUMMER & CAMPUS COMMISSIONERS
keep the dream alive. It’s a simple statement that means so much to the thousands of players in LUG.
LUG started as a way for students to have the opportunity to play more sports and activities with their friends as part of a community. Fast forward to today, and the mission remains the exact same but the on a much grander scale...we've got our sights set on building LUG leagues across every college and university in North America.
We're looking for some top talent across Canadian and US campuses to join the LUG team to help us reach these ambitious goals.
If you're entrepreneurially driven, self-motivated passionate about delivering amazing experiences, and want to get in early to a team that is changing how people play sports, take a look at our available and upcoming job opportunities and apply today.
|SUMMER COMMISSIONER||Start a new or run an existing LUG Sports summer league||May - August '22|
|FALL/WINTER/SPRING COMMISSIONER||Start a new or run an existing LUG Sports Fall/Winter/Spring league||Late August '22 - April '23|
WHERE ARE WE HIRING?
LUG leagues currently operate in over 30 cities across Canada and the US but we are hiring new staff in ALL our existing cities and are looking for new staff to help us EXPAND to new locations.
If you think that a LUG league would be a good fit for your campus, learn more on how to apply to start a NEW LUG CHAPTER.
A complete list of locations we are hiring for is available HERE.
HOW TO APPLY
- Head over to our JOBS page and learn about your position of interest
- Prepare your Cover Letter, Resume, and complete the Application Form on the Jobs Page.
ABOUT THE ROLES:
This isn’t your everyday campus or summer job. On the LUG Team, you’ll be working closely with students, local businesses, and your school community to plan the ultimate sport league experience. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop their entrepreneurial, organizational, marketing and sales skills within in a fast-paced environment.
HOW YOU’LL DO IT:
- Recruit Team Captains and players through a combination of networking, campus events, cold emailing and social media messaging, and face to face meetings
- Coach and motivate Team Captains to sign up players for their teams
- Support the operations and delivery of the LUG league experience including being on site for shifts at games
- Solidify and grow existing LUG traditions
- Participate in the league to ensure we over-deliver on every promise
YOUR EXPERIENCE/JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Currently enrolled in a post secondary or graduate level program at a college or university in Canada or the United States
- Open to all degree types but we encourage those enrolled in commerce, engineering, sports or leadership related fields to apply
- Experience working as part of team, or leading teams, projects, or events
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Organization and Time Management
- Intimate knowledge of their university campus
- Friendly, open and approachable
- Strong social media presence an asset
- Represents LUG at university or college
- Support the implementation of LUG leagues, games, and events on and off campus including on site management at games and pre-game preparation / check ins with teams.
- Infuse LUG into the student lifestyle through co-ordination of projects on university campuses and support of student events
- Develops and maintains relationships and support of key university bodies and individuals
PRODUCT AND BRAND SUPPORT
- Creates positive word of mouth about the brand
- Increases awareness amongst associates of the students who are not in university i.e. work colleagues and sporting team-mates
- Continually seeks opportunities to develop LUG's brand profile, image and credibility on and around campus within the student market
PERKS YOU’LL WANT TO KNOW ABOUT:
- Member of the LUG Management Alumni Network
- Competitive compensation
- Solid hourly rate for in person shifts
- Incentive laden bonus structure
- Free product from LUG and our sponsors
- Discounted season fee for your sport.
EXPECTATIONS / WEEKLY REQUIREMENTS
- ~10 hours per week of paid independent work
- 2-3 shifts per week (during season) at games as either Game Day Staff or Score Keepers
- LUG hires commissioners to support the entire LUG calendar of sports (Fall, Winter, Spring). Summer applicants will only be asked to work during the summer. Applicants may indicate a preference to lead on a specific sport but will be involved in all leagues.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO APPLY
|RESUME||Your most recent resume showing your work experience|