- LUG Fall/Winter Hockey League 2022/2023
- All LUG Hockey Leagues in the U.S.
|WHO CAN PLAY|
- Must be 17+
- Women can play in ANY league
- LUG leagues are open to ALL gender identities
|GAME FREQUENCY/SEASON LENGTH|
- Refer to the Hockey Season Details page to see arena's by location
- We play every week that you want to play hockey. That means no games on statutory holidays or dates you wouldn't normally want to play, such as Finals, Reading Weeks, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Super Bowl, St. Pats, Spring Break, etc. See complete list. We play when YOU want to play.
- 10 games minimum. Teams who win in the playoffs move on and play more games.
- Teams typically play 1 game per week but may play more based on designated league dates and times.
- Season will start the first week of November and run until late March/early April (depending on academic calendars)
- All teams receive a Premium LUG Authentic Jersey
- Jersey selections are given to teams in the order they register and have 80% of their players signed up. Jerseys are selected at the jersey draft.
- Limited quantities of each style. Teams who sign up late may receive jerseys late.
- All teams are expected to have a minimum of 15 registered players (14 F/D + 1G).
- Additional players must also be registered to play.
- Max 20 players per team
|MERCH PACK ITEMS FOR EACH PLAYER|
- The 2022/2023 Hockey Season
- 1 x Welcome Pack with SPEEDSHADES or SATURDAYSHADES
- 1 x LUG Mid-Season BIG TICKET Item (to be revealed soon...)
- 1 x entry into LUG eSports Season V
- 1 x $10 Gift Card to the LUG Tuck Shop
- 1 x LUG Members Benefit Card (Requires iOS/Android Wallet)
- 10 x social media clout features (not actually)
|PERKS & BENEFITS|
- Media Days: Featuring Game Day Photos, Videos & your Game Day Fits (think the walk-in photos of NHLers)
- Access to local partners, events and other LUG associated experiences
- Contests & Giveaways from our Sponsors like Red Bull, Sneaky Weasel, SoCIAL LITE, Betstamp, BET99, iiCinG
- Teams compete locally to win their campus division. Winning teams are invited to compete in THE WAG CUP CHAMPIONSHIP ...a Memorial Cup style tournament against their regional rivals to crown the overall LUG Champion.
- Teams from the USA and Canada may need to travel for this event, including going over the border, across state, provincial, and/or national lines.
- We recommend that at least 60% of your team fall into the same skill level in order to maintain the competitiveness of each division. Not all cities will house all of these skill divisions and in many cases, skill divisions will be bulked together for smaller leagues.
- ELITE DIVISION: NCAA | U Sports | Semi-Pro | Jr. (A/B/C)
- A DIVISION: Jr (A/B/C) | AAA
- B DIVISION: AA | A | Select
- C DIVISION: House League | Pond Hockey Legends
- D DIVISION: Beginners
- W DIVISION: Women's only. Tiers are created during season. Women are eligible for play in ANY division.
- Teams will select their skill level during registration and be added into skill based divisions before the start of the season.
- Women can join in any LUG Division
- Women's divisions are only open to those that identify as female
- We will also help women find spots on teams for their preferred skill level
- Elimination Tournament Style Bracket
- 3 minute warm up
- 12 x 12 x 15 minute run time periods
- No switching sides in between periods (goalies stay in the same net)
- Last 30 seconds of each period is stop time
- Last 3 min of 3rd is stop time if the game is separated by 2 goals or less
- 3 player shootout if tied (this can be reduced to single sudden death shooter if time running out on the max game time)
- Signing up is a commitment. Any team that misses 2 games or more without prior notice and a valid reason will be removed from the league. Please be courteous and inform us of any cancellations at least 24 hours in advance so we can find a replacement team and/or inform staff & refs to not attend those hours.
- All teams are responsible for paying the full team fee (team fee = player fee x 15). Any team with less than 15 players will owe a balance above their individual player registration fee.
- Additional players must register for your team. Any player over 15 are not guaranteed jerseys.
|PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT|
- LUG has a zero tolerance policy for violations of our code of conduct. Players and/or teams may be removed from the league for actions detrimental to the league including abusive or racism language, damaging the facility, theft, alcohol or drugs, among others.
- By registering this team or playing in this league, you agree that you and your players will not use any words, actions that would be seen or interpreted as racist, anti-semitic or hateful towards anyone of a minority, LQBTQ2+, BIPOC or Indigenous communities.
- Team Names: Please consider writing respectful and non vulgar team names. This is something that is public and your personal name is directly connected to your team name. Any future employer, school or anyone else can find this team just by Googling your name. Think about it.
- All captains receive a Thank You Gift from LUG including items like a Keep the Dream Alive Flag OR LUG 30 FOOT SPEED String Flags
- Setting up schedules and matchups takes time to organize.
- Therefore, any team that registers too close to the start of the season will be added to the week 2 schedule. Please register as soon as possible to ensure your team is scheduled for games on opening nights.